Contessa's Cannibal tribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Divine Above

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skatha
Priestess of The Tribe
Skatha

Crumpets : 5045

For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Empty
PostSubject: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Ok so.... I mess around a lot in the kitchen, and I love the soup at Medieval Times so here you go....

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cups vegetable broth combined with some poultry seasoning (poultry seasoning is vegan friendly)
2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup heavy cream (for vegans, soy milk powder, but reconstitute it with half the normal amount of liquid or as needed to achieve the right consistency)
salt and black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.

Stir in the tomato paste, vegetable broth, tomatoes, sugar, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes until the vegetables are very tender.

Pour half to three-quarters of the soup into a blender-depending on how chunky you want it-filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. (put it all in)

Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the saucepan.

Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and stir in the cream. Cook over medium heat until the soup is hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Back to top Go down
https://cannibaltribe.rpg-board.net
MissLucy
Bloody Spoon
MissLucy

Crumpets : 5076

PostSubject: Re: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Oooh yum. I shall have to try this sometime. :3
Back to top Go down
CabaretKitten
Keeper of Bodies
CabaretKitten

Crumpets : 5080

PostSubject: Re: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 am

Sounds yum. Will definately try it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Weeping.Willow
MissLucy
Bloody Spoon
MissLucy

Crumpets : 5076

PostSubject: Re: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:53 pm

I made this today. Very Happy It was really good! <3
Back to top Go down
despair101
Tribe Coroner
despair101

Crumpets : 4980

PostSubject: Re: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:49 pm

mmmmm..sounds great!!! i would cook it if i could cook! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque   For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For our veggie and vegan friends.... Tomato Bisque
Page 1 of 1